Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Why I decide to stop drinking alcohol


I decided a few months ago to cut drinking wine & other alcohol every week. Yes you read it right. 
I was used to drink a bottle of wine, or some beers every weekend. I needed my glasses of wine at friday night . I don't know exactly when alcohol is really a problem but I considered that I was on my way to develop one with time.

The problem was not that I like to drink wine sometimes, the problem was that I needed it. 
The problem was that when I open a bottle, I was likely to finish it. The problem was that when I am a little bit drunk, I am becoming a nightmare. 

Here in the south, most people don't really drink by religious conviction. I think it is very noble of them. 
For me, it's not about religion (I am a believer don't misunderstand me) it's just because it is just not good for me. Nothing in it is good for my body & mind.

We are not a good match, we don't fit together anymore. Sometimes I order a drink at the restaurant and end up wishing I ordered a soda. My taste has changed and i'm proud of it.

I notice that since I quit alcohol, wine is everywhere. We live in a society that encourage people to drink.. Drinking wine is trendy. But, is it cool to wake up every saturday morning with an hangover ? Don't think so.
Is is cool to ruined your health and your liver, not for me. I used to read funny meme on pinterest about wine and thought it was "SO me". Is it? I mean, in all that I am as an human being, loving wine is not what I am proud of. Actually, it is the opposite. 

I really believe we should think that people who can have fun without drinking are the coolest.  

In a quest of being more myself, of becoming the person my soul is truly, drinking is not the way for me to get there. The best way to get there is to be true to myself and be ALL THERE. 
I don't think I am here & now when I am drunk.

I also noticed that it is hard to accept for some people. "You are boring, let's have fun" or " Just one glasse will not kill you ". I know. I know that, why you just don't accept that I CHOOSE not to ?
I am enough like I am. If i'm invited somewhere, it's because you want me to be there. So that I drink a diet coke or a huge beer is not supposed to change anything.

So this is why I quit alcohol, just because I wanted to. Because I think it's not good for me anymore & I am proud of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment