Friday, March 3, 2017

The hygge lifestyle



When I was in Canada my mom ask me what I want for my birthday, She won't be there and want to make sure I bring something back with me for that special day. 

Because French is my first language , when I really want to relax, I want to read a french book. Here in Mississippi they are hard to find so a book was the perfect gift idea!

We were at the bookstore , looking for everything & nothing at the same time. Then I found a book call : The little Book of Hygge. I was super interested by the pictures and the quality of this book. So this was my choice! 

I didn't expect to found a true calling in that book & lifetstyle and I want to share it with you!

First Hygge is pronounce Hou-ga (my boyfriend is tired of hearing me singing houga houga everytime I found something related to it!) 

It is a super lifestyle that came from the danish people, prove to be the happiest people on earth. I learn a super lifestyle that related with everything I already love : the slow life. 

It is not super new, I mean, It remind me a lot of lifestyle that already exist : call it hominess, comfort life, the good life,slow life, dolce farniente.... this is the principe of the Hygge. Living in the moment, in total comfort with all the simple stuff. 

Here is some concrete things to make you understand the hygge :


  • Reading a book, coffee in one hand, candlelight all around you in a bed full of pillow : This is the ultimate hygge! 
  • Cooking a long mijote while you take a sip of wine with really close friends, this is hygge.
  • Well wrap in your favorite blanket, with wool homemade socks, your favorite pull watching TV for hours, this is hygge.
  • Spending less money and more quality time with your closest squad: this is hygge.
  • Stay home playing chess and drinking warm tea or coffee, this is hygge.
This is simple, it's all about the lighting, the atmosphere,the ambiance, the slow life style, taking time, collecting moments, enjoying the now and creating a lifestyle without stress. 

You want to learn more here is the great, so pretty book that it inspire me : 

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-Hygge-Danish-Secrets/dp/0062658808

This is not the last post I will do about that subject, be sure!

What is the hygge thing in your life ? It speak to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment