Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Unplug yourself !




One of the part of the Hygge and Minimalist Lifestyle that I really like it's to unplug ourself from social media & technology to learn how to live in the moment.

It is super hard those days to do it! It's just part of our routine to do it.
For me, the social medias are a good way to stay in touch with my family & friends that live so far away from me.

The other day the storm in the south was so intense we lose TV & Internet and we almost hyperventilate. No joke, we we're like... boring! Because we are not used to live without it, live like we used to do before.

But I learn throught experience and years that social medias need to be use in the good way.
I will say something that can't be read everywhere... the stalking on social media.

You know, that ex you broke up with a couple years ago that you go take a look at his page sometimes ... The girl your guy used to date, and you  taking a look at her instagram and compare yourself.
The test of : what kind of tattoo you should have? what haircolor is your perfect match ? what Simpson's caracter are you?.....

You know what I am talking about...that time waste. I used to have a routine with social media everynight I was taking a look at my facebook before I go to bed and every morning when I wake up... Why ? What would I miss ? Hum... Nothing. That Jessie is Lisa, that my aunt should have a butterfly tattoo and that the girl I went to kindergarten with, got a new boyfriend.

Yes, this is the kind of infos we are looking at everyday and they are more than useless.
When I was a teenager we didn't have all that (thank god!) and I spent my free time, making my homework, hanging out with my friends  & family and Reading.
So why now that I am an adult and more responsabilities ( so less free time) will I spend that precious time on social medias?

Yes this technology have some good, publishing that blog, having new clients, making friends, staying in touch with our people and this is how we should use it.

I am not proposing to live a life without that (it's not realistic) but to set some goals to unplug sometimes.

  • Making a movie night with the cellphone in a basket in the center of the table so nobody touch it.
  • Going eat out with your love one and no cell phone
  • No cell before going to bed, a good book, a magazine or just enjoying each other
  • A saturday outside with your family without any cellphone!
You understand the idea.. just unplug it sometimes and appreciate the real life, the real moment, the real sunset, the real funny move of your kid (or dog) and make memory in your head, like we used to do!

And you, do you unplug sometimes?



No comments:

Post a Comment