Wednesday, March 1, 2017

5 tips to buy a plane ticket for less!

Living in the states, I have to come back home to see my family . Canada is 27 hours of car from where I live so the plane ticket is the best option. But they are expensive! A month ago when I bought my plane ticket, I ask everyone that I knew if they have tips to have the best ticket for less.




Here is the tips that I got !

  •  Last minute deal? That is a myth! If you want to have the best deal on a plane ticket you must buy it at least six weeks before the day you want to leave.  I did it, I try to buy it last minutes and instead of  paying 411 $ I paid 553 $ ! 

  • Buy on week day! Friday and on the weekend the price of the ticket are higher. The best day to buy is thuesday.

  • Shop your ticket! You have a lot of website that offer all the prices possible. Some of them have the best deal, clearance, discount with code etc... You can set alarm on a flight that you want and follow the price by email. Website like KAYAK, FLIGHTHUB and CHEAPOAIR are a real deal!

  • Be flexible ! If you are flexible for the date of departure, you can find cheaper ticket. Also if you are flexible for the airport and ready to drive a little longer, it could be cheaper. (Be sure tho that you are not that far and the gas worth the money save!)

  • The last one is a little weird but true. Many plane company want to full the plane. The result is that sometimes they sold more tickets that the space they have on the plane. On my flight back, I was surprise to learn that they sold 4 tickets more than the space and everyone who hasn't reserve their seat (including me) were subject to take another flight for a compensation of 400 $ USD.  I had to take a connection for another flight and had only 45 minutes between the two, but otherwise I would have say yes!  A lot of time we wait between 2 flights or if we are not in the rush to head to the final destination, this is a real big saving!

Of course, everyone know that going on a trip at thanksgiving, christmas, springbreak and pretty much every holidays is a lot more expensive than regular ticket. Hope this will be helpful!

And you , what is your best tips to save? 

No comments:

Post a Comment